Publication announcements, readings, events, and other news from Jackie Craven.
- The first sip flamed into another sip……like a sun storm— like an Olympic medal—like Pompeii— like Pompeii before lava made love groan beneath the weight of heat— So begins a poem published in r.kv.r.y, a quarterly online literary journal that explores recovery from addictions and compulsions in... Read more »
- Columbia Poetry Review Celebrates 30 Golden YearsHappy birthday and congratulations to Columbia Poetry Review. The elegant 30th anniversary issue includes work by new writers alongside favorites from past contributors, including Elizabeth Alexander, Denise Duhamel, Kimiko Hahn, and this poem by Mary Ruefle… The Cake Where would you like... Read more »
- Monkeys, Elephants & Clowns – Oh my!The day before the presidential inauguration, I learned that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey planned to fold their tents. No more traveling acrobats and animal acts. Where would the performers go? I envisioned a circus parading cross-country to WashingtonDC. Nursing my... Read more »
- Excitement in River StyxI’m not sure which thrilled me more: Receiving an honorable mention in the 2016 River Styx International Poetry Competition, or opening my email to find the congratulatory message from poetry editor Francesca Bell, whose raw, unflinching work I’d been following... Read more »
- Salamander 43 – WOW!Now in its 25th year, Salamander magazine is an exquisite, highly respected literary journal that publishes poetry, fiction, and reviews. The aesthetics are breathtaking. Issue 43 has poems from a wide range of writers, including Bosnia-born writer Vedran Husić (“My... Read more »
- One of the most elegant journals, anywhere…Water~Stone Review is one of the most elegant, substantial literary journals anywhere on the American scene. Don’t miss it. It will nourish and uplift you. — Naomi Shihab Nye The fall 2016 issue of Water~Stone Review invites readers to experience the... Read more »